The 3rd ACM Europe Summer School on Data Science will take place in Athens, at the Chios Meeting Room of the Athens Marriott Hotel. All students and lecturers are also guaranteed accommodated in the Athens Marriott Hotel.
The Athens Marriott Hotel is located on the bustling artery of Syngrou Avenue, opposite the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre, which houses the national Opera and the Library. Its newly renovated rooms and suites, are outfitted with plush pillow top bedding, sofa beds, spa inspired bathrooms and features such as wall mounted HD, LED 49 inch TVs, modern workspaces and contemporary artwork.
Information about the location of the hotel and how to get there from the airport can be found here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/atham-athens-marriott-hotel/.
Maps and Transportation
The distance from the airport is about 45 kms and there is comfortable, affordable and reliable ground transfer from and to the airport.
- Bus: X96 PEIRAIAS – ATHENS AIRPORT EXPRESS. Direct Connection to Piraeus central passenger port terminals. Link to metro line 1 stations at: N.FALIRO (ISAP N.FALIRO), PEIRAIASLink to suburban rail station at: PEIRAIASLink to tramway routes at: PLATEIA GLYFADAS, EDEM, FLISVOS. Ticket price: 6€
- Metro: The Airport is accessible via Metro Line 3 (blue line) – “Athens International Airport – Agia Marina”. Disembark at Syntagma and then get the Metro Line 2 (red line) – “Anthoupoli – Elliniko”. Disembark at FIX Station. Then get the bus line “Α2 AKADIMIA – VOYLA (VIA L. AMFITHEAS)“. Disembark at Chrysaki Station. Signle ticket: 10€
- Taxi/Driving: Travel 5.8 km on the A62/Attiki Odos following signs for P3 Long Term. Use the right two lanes to take exit K2 to merge onto Attiki Odos/A6/E94 toward Elefsina/Athina. Travel 24.4 km and use the right two lanes to take exit 8 to merge onto A/D Pathe/A1/E75 toward Pireas. Travel 16 km and use the left two lanes to take the exit for the Poseidonos Interchange toward Glyfada. Merge onto Leoforos Posidonos. Travel 1.6 km and use the second lane from the left to take the ramp to Athina. Travel 600 meters and continue onto Leoforos Andrea Siggrou. Turn right onto Sintagnatarchou Zisimopoulou, right onto Pentelis, right onto Ellinidon and right again onto Leoforos Andrea Siggrou. The hotel will be 200 meters on the right. / Leoforos Andrea Siggrou is also known as Avenue Andrea Syngrou.
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, just across the street
- Flisvos Marina (walking distance)
- Eugene Foundation / Planitarium, just behind of the hotel
- Organized beach at approx. 4,5 klm of the hotel.
Athens Marriott Hotel – Shuttle Bus Schedule
- The bus departs from the left of the hotel entrance.
- Pick up from city center: Syntagma Sq. – On the corner Ermou & Filellinon Str. (opposite McDonald’s in front of Nike store)
- The hotel’s bus operates on a first comes firt served basis.
- The hotel can not be held responsible should the bus be unable to run due to unforeseen reasons.