Meet the Lecturers of the 3rd ACM Europe Summer School
The 3rd ACM Europe Summer School on Data Science will take place in Athens on July 11-17, 2019. Young Computer Science researchers from around the world will have the opportunity to attend courses in the topics of Data Science, Data Management and Analysis, Machine Learning, Visual Analytics, Social Analytics and Recommendation systems, Ethics of Data Science etc.
A range of 6 subjects in Data Management and Machine Learning will give students the chance to develop skills and expertise, broaden their international experience and capitalize on knowledge opportunities. The Summer School’s program consists of lectures, hands-on sessions and keynote talks from 9 distinguished scientists.
Meet the Lecturers of this year’s Summer School:
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates (California) is currently CTO of NTENT, a search technology company based in Carlsbad, California, since June 2016; as well as Director of Graduate Data Science Programs (part-time) of Northeastern University, Silicon Valley campus, since January 2018.
- Jiawei Han(Illinois) is Abel Bliss Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois.
- Bill Howe (Washington) is an Associate Professor in the Information School, Adjunct Associate Professor in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington.
- Natasa Milic-Frayling (Nottingham) is Professor and Chair of Data Science at the School of Computer Science University of Nottingham.
- Evaggelia Pitoura(Greece) is a Professor at the University of Ioannina, Greece where she also leads the Distributed Management of Data Laboratory.
- Jack (Jarke J.) van Wijk (Netherlands) is full professor in visualization at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
The School is organized and sponsored by ACM, the ACM Europe Council, ACM SIGMOD, ACM SIGKDD, Microsoft, “Athena” Research and Innovation Center and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.