Committee of European Chapter Leaders
The Committee of European Chapter Leaders (CECL) is a standing committee of the ACM Europe Council. It assists chapters in Europe, acting as a link between them and ACM. It is composed of volunteer chapter leaders and of members of the Europe Council. The CECL aims to:
- Facilitate and help improve chapter operation
- Communicate and share information between chapters
- Increase the visibility of chapters and of ACM itself
- Promote and reward best practices
- Mentor less-experienced members
- Expand the Distinguished Speakers Program (DSP) in Europe and make it more easily accessible
- Increase the European participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
There are more than 90 ACM Professional and Student Chapters across Europe. Each of these chapters has a series of technical events that will provide both interesting technical content and career networking opportunities.
4 Active Chapters
SIGHPC Systems Professionals ACM Chapter
SIGHPC Education ACM Chapter
Athena Vakali is Professor and Vice Chair of the Informatics Department at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, where she leads the Data and Web Science Research Lab. Among her many professional activities, Vakali served as Program Chair for the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2019). She is a founding member of the Greek ACM-W Chapter and a mentor of the ACM-W Student Chapter at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.