Committee of European Chapter Leaders
The Committee of European Chapter Leaders (CECL) is a standing committee of the ACM Europe Council. It assists chapters in Europe, acting as a link between them and ACM. It is composed of volunteer chapter leaders and of members of the Europe Council. The CECL aims to:
- Facilitate and help improve chapter operation
- Communicate and share information between chapters
- Increase the visibility of chapters and of ACM itself
- Promote and reward best practices
- Mentor less-experienced members
- Expand the Distinguished Speakers Program (DSP) in Europe and make it more easily accessible
- Increase the European participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
There are more than 90 ACM Professional and Student Chapters across Europe. Each of these chapters has a series of technical events that will provide both interesting technical content and career networking opportunities.
2 Active Chapters
SIGHPC Systems Professionals ACM Chapter
Öznur Özkasap is a Professor of Computer Engineering at Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey. Her research interests include distributed systems, peer-to-peer systems, energy efficiency, mobile and vehicular ad hoc networks, and security in distributed systems. She is a member of the Center for Gender Studies at Koç University Management Board, and the Vice Chair of the Ankara ACM-W Professional Chapter.