Committee of European Chapter Leaders
The Committee of European Chapter Leaders (CECL) is a standing committee of the ACM Europe Council. It assists chapters in Europe, acting as a link between them and ACM. It is composed of volunteer chapter leaders and of members of the Europe Council. The CECL aims to:
- Facilitate and help improve chapter operation
- Communicate and share information between chapters
- Increase the visibility of chapters and of ACM itself
- Promote and reward best practices
- Mentor less-experienced members
- Expand the Distinguished Speakers Program (DSP) in Europe and make it more easily accessible
- Increase the European participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
There are more than 90 ACM Professional and Student Chapters across Europe. Each of these chapters has a series of technical events that will provide both interesting technical content and career networking opportunities.
2 Active Chapters
SIGHPC Resource Constrained Environments ACM Chapter
Eva Cerezo is Associate Professor at the School of Engineering and Architecture and Head of the Computer Sciences and Systems Engineering Department at the University of Zaragoza (Spain). Her research interests include natural interaction, virtual humans, affective computing and computer graphics. She is Chair of the Executive Board of the Spain ACM SIGCHI Chapter.