Committee of European Chapter Leaders
The Committee of European Chapter Leaders (CECL) is a standing committee of the ACM Europe Council. It assists chapters in Europe, acting as a link between them and ACM. It is composed of volunteer chapter leaders and of members of the Europe Council. The CECL aims to:
- Facilitate and help improve chapter operation
- Communicate and share information between chapters
- Increase the visibility of chapters and of ACM itself
- Promote and reward best practices
- Mentor less-experienced members
- Expand the Distinguished Speakers Program (DSP) in Europe and make it more easily accessible
- Increase the European participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
There are more than 90 ACM Professional and Student Chapters across Europe. Each of these chapters has a series of technical events that will provide both interesting technical content and career networking opportunities.
2 Active Chapters
SIGHPC Resource Constrained Environments ACM Chapter
Fabio Paternò is Research Director at Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell’Informazione (C.N.R.-ISTI) in Pisa, Italy. At C.N.R.-ISTI he founded and leads the Laboratory on Human Interfaces in Information Systems. Paternò was Papers Co-chair for ACM CHI 2000 and has chaired or co-chaired various other conferences including ACM EICS and Mobile HCI. In 2020 he will serve as Co-chair of ACM Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI). Paternò recently finished a term as Treasurer of the Italian ACM SIGCHI Chapter.