Committee of European Chapter Leaders
The Committee of European Chapter Leaders (CECL) is a standing committee of the ACM Europe Council. It assists chapters in Europe, acting as a link between them and ACM. It is composed of volunteer chapter leaders and of members of the Europe Council. The CECL aims to:
- Facilitate and help improve chapter operation
- Communicate and share information between chapters
- Increase the visibility of chapters and of ACM itself
- Promote and reward best practices
- Mentor less-experienced members
- Expand the Distinguished Speakers Program (DSP) in Europe and make it more easily accessible
- Increase the European participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
There are more than 90 ACM Professional and Student Chapters across Europe. Each of these chapters has a series of technical events that will provide both interesting technical content and career networking opportunities.
2 Active Chapters
SIGHPC Systems Professionals ACM Chapter
Seref Sagiroglu is a Professor of Software Engineering and head of the Computer Engineering Department at Gazi University in Ankara, Turkey. He has organized more than 50 national and international events and/or conferences as Chair, Co-chair or organizing committee member. Sagiroglu has served as President of the Turkish Science and Research Foundation and of the Information Security Association of Turkey. He is the faculty advisor for the newly-formed Gazi University ACM Student Chapter.