Committee of European Chapter Leaders
The Committee of European Chapter Leaders (CECL) is a standing committee of the ACM Europe Council. It assists chapters in Europe, acting as a link between them and ACM. It is composed of volunteer chapter leaders and of members of the Europe Council. The CECL aims to:
- Facilitate and help improve chapter operation
- Communicate and share information between chapters
- Increase the visibility of chapters and of ACM itself
- Promote and reward best practices
- Mentor less-experienced members
- Expand the Distinguished Speakers Program (DSP) in Europe and make it more easily accessible
- Increase the European participation in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
There are more than 90 ACM Professional and Student Chapters across Europe. Each of these chapters has a series of technical events that will provide both interesting technical content and career networking opportunities.
3 Active Chapters
SIGHPC Resource Constrained Environments ACM Chapter
SIGHPC Education ACM Chapter
Anne-Cécile Orgerie is a permanent research scientist at the Centre National de le Recherche (CNRS) in Rennes, France. She is co-chairing the Architecture and Networking track for the IEEE/ACM International Symposium in Cluster, Cloud, and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2019) and is Vice Chair of the French Chapter of the ACM Special Interest Group on Operating Systems (ACM SIGOPS France).