- Practical Approaches to Data Analytics in High Performance Computing, by Prof. Michela Taufer, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Machine Learning Accelerators: From Cloud to Edge, by Prof. Luca Benini, ETH Zürich, University of Bologna, ACM Fellow and Francesco Conti, ETH Zürich, University of Bologna
- Cache and Memory Compression Techniques, by Prof. Per Stenström, Chalmers University, ACM Fellow
- Energy Efficient Approach in ML Architectures, by Prof. Uri Weiser, ACM – IEEE CS Eckert-Mauchly Award recipient, ACM Fellow
- The Convergence Between Supercomputers and Iot Nodes: Design Concepts and Their Application, by Prof. Mauro Olivieri, Sapienza University of Rome
- Hybrid Task-Based Programming in the HPC Domain, by Prof. Jesús Labarta, BSC, UPC, ACM – IEEE CS Ken Kennedy Award recipient
- Scheduling Policies and Performance Models for Disaggregated Architectures, by Prof. David Carrera, BSC, UPC, ERC grantee
Prof. Silvio Micali, ACM A.M. Turing Award laureate and MIT Professor, will give a keynote lecture. Dr. Lucilla Sioli, EU Commission Director for Digital Industry and AI, will be present at the school. Prof. Natasa Milic-Frayling, University of Nottingham UK, will address collaboration and diversity issues in a special dedicated session. Dr. Ing. Gerhard Schimpf, former chair of the ACM Europe Council Committee of European Chapter Leaders, will present the ACM Being-Human with Algorithms initiative and the student chapter activity in Europe.
The school chairpersons are Prof. Mateo Valero (Director of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, ACM – IEEE CS Eckert-Mauchly Award recipient, ACM Fellow, and ERC grantee) and Prof. Josep Fernandez (CS Dean, Facultat d’Informatica de Barcelona).
The local organizing committee is led by Prof. Eduard Ayguadé, BSC and UPC and Dr. Fabrizio Gagliardi, BSC, UPC and ACM.
The online application form is available via the following link: https://services.acm.org/hpc_summer_school/summer_school.cfm. The registration fee of 300€ is a partial contribution to the expenses related to lodging in the student residence at UPC and full boarding to the school. Given the recent confirmation of additional industrial sponsors, we are happy to offer to the top 10 applicants a free registration to the ACM Europe Summer School 2019 in Barcelona. Applications are closed. The deadline for applying was 1 May 2019, End of Day, Anywhere on Earth (AoE), UTC -12 hours.
- Prof. Luca Benini, ETH Zürich, University of Bologna, ACM Fellow
- Prof. David Carrera, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, BSC, UPC, ERC grantee
- Prof. Jesús Labarta, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, BSC, UPC, ACM – IEEE CS Ken Kennedy Award recipient
- Prof. Mauro Olivieri, Sapienza University of Rome
- Prof. Per Stenström, Chalmers University, ACM Fellow
- Prof. Michela Taufer, University of Tennessee Knoxville, BSC, UPC, ERC grantee
- Prof. Uri Weiser, ACM – IEEE CS Eckert-Mauchly Award recipient, ACM Fellow